However, it isn’t all bad news. In fact, just because every new gimmick claims to yield quick results doesn’t mean that quick results are not achievable.
The biggest problem when it comes to training your midsection is the amount of contradicting information on the best approaches to adopt. There is not one perfect training method and a bunch of wrong ones, different things work for different people. But the sheer volume of different opinions often simply confuses people to the point of quitting because they don’t know where to start.
While you could have one instructor telling you that some people just can’t develop their abs and another one telling you the opposite, or a fit friend advising you that you need to eat the latest supplements while your work colleagues tell you to avoid them like the plague, the truth is there is not just one way to get fit. There is not just one correct method of working out. Even in today’s health and fitness landscape, where things are becoming more scientific by the hour, lots of it still comes down to trial and error.
While each exercise routine must be specific to your body, the basics of fitness remain the same for all of us.
Below, you will see a very basic yet incredibly effective abdominal workout designed to strip body fat from your body and develop stronger muscles in your core. In doing this, you will finally achieve the definition and physique you have been trying to achieve. Better still, the entire workout can be completed in as little as three minutes.
* Mountain Climbers
* Ninety Degree Crunches (knees held up at a ninety degree angle)
* Plank Variation (instead of being on your forearms and wrists you’ll be elevated up onto your hands in the push-up starting position)
Your task is to work through each move for thirty seconds before switching to the next exercise in the routine. The results here come not only from the fact that each exercise is proven, but also from the high intensity you’re working at. Intensity is key, so try to make the transitional period between each exercise the only rest you allow yourself to take. Two rounds will take you 3 minutes. If you can handle it, you can increase the workout to five minutes by adding in an optional third round.
So, in a world where you often hear of people doing 2500 crunches per day, why is this very short session so effective? There are four main reasons why, here they are:
* By learning how to train with no equipment you unlock all kinds of new workout opportunities.
* By keeping the session time very low, you can literally fit this into your lunch break if you need to.
* High intensity is the key to increased fat loss. HIIT is hard but very effective. While many people like to do this with their cardio workouts, few people learn that they can also apply the same technique to different styles of training, such as circuits and weights.
* One big area of failure with abdominal training is boredom. It’s dull doing sit-up after sit-up. In order to get results from anything in life you need to enjoy what you are doing in the first place.
If you’ve been lost with your fitness, don’t worry because you’re not alone. It would be quite safe to wage a bet that most people in your local gym don’t really know how to lose weight despite training regularly for years, such is the confusion regarding health and fitness. Providing you combine this information with a sensible diet, learning how to get a six pack in 3 minutes doesn’t seem impossible.