Do you really want to get rid of those love handles? Take these steps and in a few months you will not recognize yourself. Realize that if you really want to change your body, including your love handles, you'll have to change the way you think – about food, about exercise, and about your life in general.
That being said, here are some of the ways to get moving.
1. Get moving! If you're currently not exercising, start. You do not have to run a 5k or half marathon to start getting rid of your love handles, but even a small amount of exercise will increase the rate at which you lose weight, including weight around your love handles. And you'll probably live longer, too.
2. Limit starches and junk food. There is absolutely no reason why you need to eat 3 servings of butter mashed potatoes. Sure, they may taste delicious, but starches are what make most people fat.
3. Eat low glycemic foods. Foods that spike your blood sugar, such as starches, simple sugars, and high fructose corn syrup (read the label), will keep you fatter than Bill Gates' wallet.
4. Limit alcohol consumption. Drinking a six pack every night or 4 glasses of wine is not drinking in moderation.
5. Get some sleep. If you're going to bed late and waking up early, your body is going to be "off" and you will not lose weight.
6. Drink plenty of water. Beside making up 70% of our bodies, it helps flush out your system and keep those fat cells burning and exiting your system.
7. Think long term. If your goal is to lose 10 pounds, you might do it, but you'll let up once you get down about 7 or 8 pounds. Instead, make your goal "living a long energetic life." If you have them, grandkids and children can be great motivation.
8. HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training. Hate running for 20 – 40 minutes? HIIT will melt fat off you faster and in less time than long cardio workouts. 8 – 12 minutes of HIIT, 3 times per week, for 6 six weeks and you'll need a new wardrobe. Highly recommended!
9. When you get to a point where you feel better about yourself, go even harder. Most people will let up once they reach their goal. Do not do it. Maintain and then keep getting better.
10. You do not need a gym membership or anything other than your own body to get in the best shape of your life. Bodyweight and isometric exercises are safe and effective, not to mention a lot cheaper than your $ 40 – $ 80 per month gym membership. Here are list of exercises that you can do to get started. Pushups, burpees, hindu pushups, hindu squats, jump rope, the vacuum (way more effective than crunches for a tight midsection!).
11. Make time to get in shape and live well. You'll never "find" the time to do anything. If you have to, wake up 20 minutes earlier. After a week, it'll be your new routine.
Now you know how to get rid of love handles or at least know how to get started. It really comes down to a few basic things like eating well and exercising. But before you put those into action, you have to be in the right mindset. You'll have to change the way you think about food and exercise. If you do not change the way you think, you'll be back to Lovehandlesville on the fast train.