Treadmill interval training benefits anyone who's goal's may include fitness, weight loss or training for any specific sporting event.
Lets break it down to start with.
Treadmill workouts have many advantages over running outdoors a few of these include
– Can be done in the gym or your own home.
– Is not dependent on the weather or time of day.
– Workouts can be very specific, meaning distances, speeds & gradients can be precise.
– Less strain on joints as treadmills have a more absorbent surface than a hard pavement or road. Grass, may be more spongy but can be uneven with hidden potholes, and sand running can cause excess strain.
– On a personal level, you can wear whatever you like. You do not have to be self conscious about any wobbly bits you are trying to get rid of and no personal security problems.
– A water bottle is always handy and does not have to be carried. So one is more likely to stay hydrated.
Interval Training also has many benefits including the main one for most people these days
– TIME. In 15-20 minutes of treadmill interval training you can achieve more than an hour of cardio work.
These days training has become a fine art, more quality less quantity. Top athletes like ironman triathletes for example, these days train on average only 15 hours a week for a race that takes them a little over 8 hours, non stop, to finish.
For the other 99% of athletes, weekend warriors and want to be of treadmill interval training benefits include
– Quality workouts that can be completed in a lunch break.
– running at a higher intensity for longer periods resulting in a cardio fitness effect and a metabolism increase for several hours afterwards means more calories are burned up, even at rest aid weight loss.
– Treadmill interval training workouts break up the boredom of long steady runs
– The body becomes more efficient at dealing with lactic acid build up.
– Hundreds of studies have shown that interval training is by far the most effective training method to improve your endurance, speed, and overall aerobic capacity.
So if you are a serious runner, beginner or any where in-between looking to just get fitter, faster, lose weight, look / feel good then treadmill interval training is the quickest most efficient way to go.